MCLEAN, Va. - Conrad Hotels & Resorts announced today the debut of Shop the City by Conrad, a seasonal guest package connecting travelers to local cities and culture by way of an exclusive, luxury shopping excursion. For a limited time, guests who book this shopping experience will receive a package that includes a two-night minimum stay in a suite, a private chauffeured car, and a personal shopping escort who will guide the shoppers through an extraordinary selection of high-end retailers in the city of their stay.
Shop the City by Conrad participants will be chauffeured in a Range Rover SWB to a carefully-curated list of coveted retail destinations, including one local boutique exclusive to the highlighted city. Each location will offer a customized shopping experience - from expert advice to private shoppers and specially designed takeaway items - providing guests with a VIP experience tailored to them and the city. Those shoppers who book this experience will also be able to utilize the provided transportation to explore additional cultural destinations of their choice within the city.
"Conrad hotels around the world provide guests with meaningful and experiential ways to connect with the cultures that surround them," said John T.A. Vanderslice, global head, Conrad Hotels & Resorts. "Whether our guests' travels take them to sought-after destinations such as Miami, Seoul, or London, our Shop the City by Conrad program offers them a world of personalized style in the heart of each city."
Beginning Friday, November 21 through Sunday, December 21, the new Conrad London St. James will serve as the backdrop for the first of an exciting series of Shop the City by Conrad experiences.
Situated in a highly sought-after location in Britain's political heartland, global luxury travelers are invited to experience a sophisticated environment featuring locally inspired style and design at the new Conrad London St. James. The stunning location connects guests to a myriad of shopping and leisure activities, as well as theatre productions and gourmet delights.
Participating retail brands in Shop the City by Conrad in London include:
- Land Rover - Since 1948, Land Rover has been manufacturing authentic 4x4s that represent true breadth of capability across the model range. Defender, Freelander, Discovery, Range Rover Sport, Range Rover, and Range Rover Evoque each define the world's 4x4 sectors.
- Paul Smith - Famous for its clothing and accessories collections, Paul Smith specializes in an inventive use of traditional craftsmanship and cutting-edge design to create beautifully made, desirable, and modern pieces. Paul Smith's flagship shop in London's Mayfair quarter presents men and women's clothing, bespoke furniture, and a curated selection of special pieces and one-off designs. Paul Smith is located at 9 Albemarle Street, London W1S 4BL.
- Harvey Nichols - When it comes to the very latest in luxury designer womenswear, menswear, beauty, and food, Harvey Nichols is the definitive destination for seriously stylish retail therapy. Harvey Nichols Knightsbridge is located at 109-125 Knightsbridge, London SW1X 7RJ.
- Fortnum & Mason - Fortnum & Mason specializes in food, drink, gifts, and entertaining, in the heart of St. James. From a wide variety of teas, hand-made preserves, and chocolates, to bespoke hats, hampers, and unique fragrances, there is something to bring pleasure to all at Fortnum's. Fortnum & Mason is located at 181 Piccadilly, London W1A 1ER.
- Bremont - Bremont is an award-winning British company producing beautifully engineered chronometers in Henley on Thames, England. In the heart of London's luxury quarter, the boutique showcases Bremont collections as well as the heritage and heart of the brand. Bremont is located at 29 S. Audley Street, London W1K 2PE.
- Surprise Retailer - Each city will feature one mystery location, disclosed upon arrival.
Through early 2015, Conrad will offer limited-time Shop the City by Conrad stays in the following cities across the U.S., Europe, Middle East, and Asia including:
- Conrad London St. James- November 21 - December 21, 2014
- Conrad Miami - March 2015
- Conrad Dubai - April 2015
- Conrad Istanbul - May 2015
- Conrad Tokyo - June 2015
- Conrad Beijing - July 2015
- Conrad Hong Kong - August 2015
- Conrad Seoul - August 2015
- Conrad Singapore - November 2015
- Conrad New York - December 2015
For more information on Shop the City by Conrad and details on participating properties and retailers, please visit www.conradhotels.com/ShoptheCity.
About Conrad Hotels & Resorts
Conrad Hotels & Resorts is the destination for the new generation of smart luxury travelers for whom life, business, and pleasure seamlessly intersect. Conrad offers its guests an innovative way to Stay Inspired through a curated collections of 1-hour, 3-hour, or 5-hour experiences, available through www.stayinspired.com or through the intuitive www.StayInspired.com or through the intuitive Conrad Concierge mobile app. Consisting of 29 properties across five continents, Conrad is part of Hilton, a leading global hospitality company. Connect with Conrad by booking at www.conradhotels.com. Learn more about the brand by visiting news.conradhotels.com or following us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter (@conradhotels).
Hilton (NYSE: HLT) is a leading global hospitality company, with a portfolio of 14 world-class brands comprising more than 4,900 properties with over 800,000 rooms in 104 countries and territories. Hilton is dedicated to fulfilling its mission to be the world’s most hospitable company by delivering exceptional experiences – every hotel, every guest, every time. The company's portfolio includes Hilton Hotels & Resorts, Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts, Conrad Hotels & Resorts, Canopy by Hilton, Curio - A Collection by Hilton, DoubleTree by Hilton, Tapestry Collection by Hilton, Embassy Suites by Hilton, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton by Hilton, Tru by Hilton, Homewood Suites by Hilton, Home2 Suites by Hilton and Hilton Grand Vacations. The company also manages an award-winning customer loyalty program, Hilton Honors. Hilton Honors members who book directly through preferred Hilton channels have access to instant benefits, including a flexible payment slider that allows members to choose exactly how many Points to combine with money, an exclusive member discount that can’t be found anywhere else and free standard Wi-Fi. Visit newsroom.hilton.com for more information and connect with Hilton on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and YouTube.